The World’s Top Youth Boat - Why Join Us?
The 420 offers great development for sailors in the two-person disciplines - most of the Worlds's top sailors sailors sailed in this class and easily moved on to succeed in other classes, and enjoy Olympic and big boat careers.
- This year we showcase two 420s, one box-fresh and recently launched and a second entry-level boat so you can see how affordable it can be to jump in.
- In addition we are launching our 'Summer Transition Squad' to include three pairs randomly selected from entries. To be eligible to enter, you must:
- Be a current junior sailor in an established class such as the RS Tera, RS Feva, Optimist, Cadet, Mirror or Topper
- Be a member of a sailing club
- Have sailed in at least three open events in your Junior class between 1st January and 31st May 2023 (these can be mixed class events)
- Be prepared to attend the British 420 National Championships and pre-event training
To enter the Summer Transition Squad Draw please use the following form
Full details can be found here
Visit stand J23 to find out more.
We have a fantastic pedigree of developing world class sailors; in 2019 Via Heathcote & Millie Boyle were crowned Ladies 420 World Champions!
Our aim is to provide accessible regional training and racing throughout the UK. The spirit in which races and events are held is almost as important as the rules to which we race. The Class has chosen to adopt the RYA Racing Charter as a fundamental policy on how it wishes to see the spirit of racing within the sport. .
Not only are we the best choice for youth sailors we are:
- International Class - sailed Worldwide
- Ideal progression from any Junior Class
- RYA Pathway Class
- RYA Transition and Youth Class Support
- Strong sailor based Class Association
- Full UK and International Racing Programme
- Challenging to sail well but easy to learn
- Nationwide Fleets
Many amazing sailors have sailed a 420!
Message from the Chair - James George
I look forward to welcoming you to our Stand at this year's Dinghy Show. I'll be around most of Saturday and Sunday if you want to come and meet me to talk about the Class or if you have any specific quesitons for me. You'll also have the opportunity to meet some of our sailors along with other Class Committee members.
Don't forget we have an amazing opportunity for those looking to transition to the Class; use of a race ready 420 for free!
I really look forward to meeting you.