The British International 420 Class Association (“GBR420’s”, “we” or “us”) is a Sailing Class run by a Committee of volunteers.
We are the UK association of the International 420 Class Association and we are affiliated to the RYA.
Our correspondence address is Briarmead, Lewes Road, East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 3TD.
Details of current committee members can be found on our web site.
We are committed to promoting and protecting safe successful and rewarding 420 Class sailing. In order to do this we collect and process personal data.
This policy (together with any other documents referred to in it) describes what personal information we collect or obtain about you and how we process it. It also explains your rights in relation to your personal data.
This policy covers the following:
Information we may collect or receive about you
How we use your information
How we may share your information
Retention of your information
Where we store information about you
Passwords and PIN numbers
Use of the Internet
If you undertake any of the following activities and provide personal data to us we will endeavour to make it clear why we need it and to obtain your specific consent to use it. Personal data may be collected if you:
- visit any of the websites we may operate from time to time including:
- become a member of the British International 420 Class
- join any GBR420 committee or volunteer in any other capacity
- subscribe for email newsletters and updates
- join our Facebook group
- or any child for whom you are responsible participates as a member of the class
- enter a competition or survey run by us
- enter any training events run by us
B. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on any GBR420 Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you do any of the following things:-
- become a member of the 420 Class, renew your membership or amend or update your membership details
- enter into any of our sailing or training events
- subscribe for email newsletters and updates
- join any 420 Class committee or volunteer in any other capacity
The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph. The name, address, email address and phone number of your next of kin and/or emergency contact. Details of your participation and performance in sporting events and competitions. Health information including details of your age, gender, and any particular health conditions or mental or physical impairments you may have; and
any relevant dietary requirements.
If you make payments to us, your payment details may be collected by third party data processors.
Additional Information we collect about you when you visit our Website or use our event booking site is technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the internet; your login information; browser type and version; time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and real time location data from your mobile device;
Information about you which we may receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you from others with whom we work, including analytics providers and search information providers. We may receive information about you from others on your behalf or at your request, for example if any person makes a booking for any of our training courses or racing events, or if you are a minor and your parent or legal guardian provides us with information about you on your behalf.
C. WEBSITE COOKIES
D. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you to fulfil our obligations to you in the following ways:-
- to administer your membership of the Class and provide membership information and membership benefits to you
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with any products and services that you request from us including: race events and entries; squad participation agreements; equipment loans; training events; social events; coaching and training services
- to register you as a volunteer, committee member or in some other capacity
- to publish details of participants, results and rankings. When we do this, the information is restricted to the sailor’s name, ISAF age, gender and Club
- to keep you updated in the following ways:
- if you are a member of the Class, to notify you about changes to our membership benefits, products, facilities or services
- to notify you of any changes or proposed changes in any laws, regulations or best practice in relation to boating, yachting and other related activities which we feel may be of interest to you
- in relation to the operation of our Websites which you use:
- to ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device
- to administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to identify and implement improvements in the operation of the site, the content included on the site and the way in which content is presented
- as part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure;
Other uses of the information we hold about you:-
We may also use the information we hold about you to report on class participation by age/gender/location.
E. HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties, or share your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
We may share your information with certain third parties including:
- recognised training centres both in the UK and overseas (including countries outside of the European Union) who require the data in order to provide services which you have requested
- trainers and coaches who require the data in order to provide services which you have requested
- race officers and race organisers of events held or managed by us who require the data in order to look after your welfare and who may require to pass the same to emergency and medical services providers
- organisers of sporting events in which you propose to participate both in the UK and overseas (including countries outside of the European Union)
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
F. RETENTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may keep and process your personal data for so long as you remain a member
Where your membership lapses we will within a reasonable time of the lapse occurring cease actively processing your data but may retain your data for up to two years for the purposes of facilitating the renewal by you of your membership.
We may also retain and process your personal data in a format that does not permit identification of you for historical and statistical purposes
G. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you is stored within the “our club admin’ system. We also hold a subscriber only email database within Mailchimp, and use third party websites (facebook and google docs). By submitting your personal data, you agree to this storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
H. PASSWORDS AND PIN NUMBERS
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or PIN number which enables you to access certain parts of our Websites, you are responsible for keeping this password or PIN number confidential. We ask you not to share passwords and PIN numbers with anyone.
I.USE OF THE INTERNET
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask what information we hold about you and be provided with a copy. If information is incorrect, you can request that we correct it.
You can ask us to delete information if you feel we no longer require it
If we retain your personal data after you cease to be a member, or cease to hold the capacity in which the personal data was obtained from you then you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data.
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
K.CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy was last updated on 22nd May 2018